FROM OUR BLOG
The latest version of macOS has given the people key access to applications of the Mac. The software is what makes a device what it is. If it has a beautiful design, you can appreciate the design of it, and that’s about it, but when it has good software, it will prove to be so useful to you because of all that it can do for you. When a device has good software, you will indeed get so much done, and everything is accessible and easily right there for you. It is also an understatement to say that iOS and MacOS are some of the best on the planet and even though their competition comes close, no one has been able to beat the security features and also the ease of use of these two.
There are indeed so many things that you can do with some really good Mac apps. You can really take advantage of all that power that the Macs offer. The Macs are actually known for being really powerful and also for getting good work done when you really need the speed and some good performance as well. Some of the applications that I will talk about are actually not found anywhere other than the App Store. These are indeed the apps that will make your Mac way better and will help you take advantage of that entire RAM and the amazing core that has been given to it.
- Amphetamine is a great app which is also free in the app store. This app allows the Mac to be used, or it will let the Mac run even when it is closed.
- HyperDock can be downloaded from the app store, and you can get it for $9.99. It gives us full-fledged functionality which we so need.
- Parallels Desktop 13 can be downloaded from Parallels, and you can get it for the price of $79.99 per year. If you have just gotten a Mac and if you miss some of the old windows applications, you don’t have to fret. Instead of having a dual-boot, this will allow you to have Windows and macOS running simultaneously.
- Duet is a great application that you can get from the app store. You can get it for $14.99. If you are working on just one monitor and if you need way more space, fret not cause duet will help you out. You can use an iPad for this. You can tether the iPad to your Mac, and it will act as a second screen. The iPad is not affected because it just poses as a screen.
- Another great application on the Mac is Garage band which is given to you by Apple itself. It helps you produce great music.
You are here for a reason, and that reason would be that you know that Macs and MacBooks are some of the best consumer technological advancements till date. Welcome to the list of some of the best Macs and MacBooks in 2019. Because of the heightened competition with other brands, the best Macs are even better and more powerful than ever, because of their increased specifications and also they have been made thinner and lighter than ever. The design is one of the best things that you can expect.
- The Mac Mini is actually a box which becomes a Mac when connected into a monitor. You will have to but a wireless keyboard as well as a wireless mouse to use it. It would be best if you bought everything that you need at the Apple Store. You will be choosing in a wide range of 8th generation Intel Core chips. You can choose between an i3 and an i7 chip as well. You will be given a choice between an 8GB RAM to a 32GB RAM. You can also choose your own storage options which start from 128GB, and it goes up to 2TB.
- The MacBook Pro 15 inch has proven to be one of the most amazing machines which have been loved by millions of people globally. You can do so much with it, photographers, music producers, movie makers, and many more professions have actually been loving these products because of how powerful they are and also because of how smooth the performance is.
- Apple iMac 2019 is indeed the best desktop that you can buy; it sports a 5K display as well.
- The New MacBook Air is a solid entry with an excellent screen with lovely design and a mind-blowing battery life.
Switching from Windows to Mac is quite a change. Macbooks can be confusing in the beginning, but once learnt, they are incredibly user-friendly and easy to use. Ten things that every new mac owner should know are:
Every mac owner should backup their Mac and one of the most convenient way to do it is using the Time machine. Time machine creates hourly, weekly and even monthly backups.
Every Mac should be synced to icloud as it helps in accessing photos, documents, music and movies on any device that is signed in to the icloud account.
Apps from Mac App Store
Any application for entertainment, games, travel, etc., that are downloaded in one device will also be automatically downloaded to other apple devices that are linked to the Apple ID.
Siri is more like a personal assistant and can be used for setting reminders, search functions, playing music, dropping in calls etc.
Setting up automatic updates
Apple regularly updates the system with newer and better features. The automatic update would make sure that the users do not miss out on anything new.
Spotlight helps users find everything they need on the Mac. The users can click on the search icon and type in any word, file name or phrase. It not just helps in searching through the files, folders and documents in the Mac but also search the internet for information.
Setting up default application
People generally prefer viewing their files, images, movies etc., in a specific application program. Mac gives you the freedom to choose your default application and to set it up, in the beginning, is a good idea. Setting up default application is useful when the users have multiple applications that can open a particular file in the Mac.
Setting up personal keyboard shortcuts
Mac gives users the freedom to set up their own keyboards shortcuts which they are comfortable with. Apart from the default shortcuts, mac users can easily customize the shortcuts that they might require the most.
Customizable Trackpad Settings
Mac users also can customize their trackpad settings. Gestures, scrolling and zooming options and pointing and clicking options can all be customized in a mac according to the user’s comfort level.
Closing, Minimizing and Maximizing buttons
Unlike windows, clicking the red button at the left-hand side upper corner only hides the application and does not close it. To close an application, the user must close the app from the dock. The yellow button minimizes the application to the dock, and the green button minimizes and maximizes the application.